- Marriage licenses will be issued Monday - Thursday by appointment only. Both parties must be present.
- The following documents are required, NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE:
Valid driver’s license.
Original Birth Certificate with raised seal
If previously married, Death Certificate or Divorce Decree must be provided
- Cost is $40.00 cash
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days
- Contact the Town Clerk's office for additional information.
Handicap parking - Permanent (blue tag)
- Please bring in your expired tag and we will replace it. You may also call our office (914-742-2312) and we will mail you a replacement tag. Please have your tag number available.
Handicap parking - Temporary (red tag)
- Bring in or mail the completed and signed NYS DMV Handicap Application. The application is available at your doctor's office, DMV website or by clicking here. Please be sure to include your Driver's License Number on part 3 on the form.
- Completed forms must be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to (914) 747-6172. Click here for a copy of a FOIL request form.
- Please note all FOIL requests regarding Police matters must be sent directly to the Police Department. Please click here for more information.
New Dog License
Please bring in or mail updated rabies information from your veterinarian, microchip information if available, and a check (made payable to the Town of Mount Pleasant) for $15 if spayed or neutered, $20 if not.
Renewal Dog License
- Please bring in or mail the perforated portion of the renewal license along with payment (check made payable to the Town of Mount Pleasant, $15 if spayed or neutered, $20 if not) and updated rabies information if required.
- At this time, we are not issuing fishing licenses. We will update the website when available.
Please call the Town Clerk's office with any questions or if you require additional information, 914-742-2312.
Town Clerk's Office
One Town Hall Plaza
Valhalla, NY 10595
Duties & Responsibilities
The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for issuance of licenses, including marriage, dog, hunting and fishing, birth and death certificates, commuter parking permits and handicapped parking permits. The Town Clerk is the Freedom of Information Officer and clerk for Town Board.
The clerk serves for a two year term.