When do I need a Plumbing Permit?

Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work performed in the Town of Mount Pleasant. Plumbers must be licensed by Westchester County. A letter from your plumber should be sent to the Building Department stating that all plumbing operations are in order at your premises and were performed in accordance with New York State Building code (current edition). For Plumbing information contact the Plumbing Inspector.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint?
2. What are the regulations and guidelines for removal and abandonment of oil tanks?
3. When do I need an Elevator Permit?
4. What if I have a question concerning zoning or construction on a neighbor's property?
5. How do I obtain a Certificate of Occupancy or a Certificate of Compliance?
6. How long do I have to wait to obtain a permit?
7. What do I need a Building Permit for?
8. When do I need a Plumbing Permit?
9. What happens if I start work without first obtaining a permit?
10. Are inspections required after the permit is issued?
11. Do I need any other approvals from other departments prior to the Building Department?
12. What do I need to know about Architectural Review Board Applications?
13. What do I need to know about Zoning Board of Appeals Applications?