Marriage Licenses & One-Day Officiant Licenses
Marriage licenses are issued Monday through Thursday from 9 to 11:30 am and 2 to 3 pm by appointment only. Contact the Town Clerk's Office at 914-742-2312 to schedule an appointment. Both parties must be present and all documentation must be in English (or translated to English and notarized). For more information, read Getting Married in New York State FAQ.
The following documents are required. No exceptions can be made:
- Completed Marriage License Worksheet (DOH-98) (PDF) "Affidavit" section (#1-20)
- Valid driver's license, passport, or government-issued photo ID
- Certified (with raised or foil seal) Birth Certificates.
Please note: We will accept U.S Naturalization Papers in place of a foreign birth certificate
- If previously married, Divorce Decree, or spouse's Death Certificate must be provided
- The cost is $40, cash only
Marriage licenses are valid for 60 days.
If you would like to be married by a Mount Pleasant Town Justice, please email the Court Clerk or call 914-742-2324.
One-Day Officiant Licenses
As of March 28, 2023, any individual 18 years of age or older may obtain a One-Day Officiant License allowing them to perform a marriage in New York State on a specific date, for a specific couple. Please review the application and instructions below. For questions, contact the Town Clerk at 914-742-2312. For more information, read Responsibilities of the Officiant Performing the Ceremony.
Requirements for obtaining a One-Day Officiant License:
- Must be obtained from the same city/town from which the couple obtained their Marriage License
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Applicant must complete the Application for One-Day Officiant License (PDF)
- Applicant must present a valid, government-issued photo ID
- The cost is $25 cash or money order (no personal checks)
Please return the completed Application for a One-Day Officiant License, a photocopy of a valid, government-issued photo ID, and a fee to the Mount Pleasant Town Clerk, 1 Town Hall Plaza, Valhalla, NY 10595.