The Town of Mount Pleasant is a film-friendly community with diverse landscapes and scenery, historic landmarks, and beautiful properties.
To allow commercial filming without the creation of disruption or danger to the residents of the Town of Mount Pleasant, the Town Board has adopted Town Code Chapter 60, Filming.
Filming Permit Guidelines
- No movie, documentary or television program, commercial, promotional or similar presentation or any portion thereof shall be filmed, videotaped, recorded or otherwise made on any private or public property within the Town of Mt. Pleasant, whether or not a fee is to be paid or anything of value changes hands for such use of the property, unless the owner or tenant in control of the property, or an agent of the group or company doing the filming, or the individual doing the filming, hereinafter sometimes referred to herein as the "applicant(s)," first makes an application to and obtains a license from the Town Clerk for filming.
- Complete applications must be submitted to the Town Clerk via email, fax, mail, or in person accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of $250 via check made payable to Town of Mt. Pleasant. The cost to film on property within the Town is $2,500 per day and $5,000 per day to film on the grounds of certain Town-owned buildings or properties.
- Applicants may be required to utilize the services of the Police Department, Highway Department, or Building Department at a rate consistent with all costs to be paid
- The applicant must notify contiguous or adjacent property owners to the property being utilized for filming activities and demonstrate proof of the same to the Town Clerk.
- The Town Clerk, Chief of Police, or other authorized agents of the Town reserve the right to revoke a Filming Permit at any time for any reason.
- The application, permit, and fee requirements do not apply to:
- Filming by casual photographers, tourists, or residents for personal use, by not-for-profit community organizations for a public purpose by students for educational purposes, or by credentialed members of the news media; or
- Filming which meets all of the following conditions:
- Limited to indoor locations;
- The entire cast and crew is limited to fewer than five members;
- Limited to between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm; and
- Filming involves no potential noise, traffic, or light impacts, including, but not limited to, the use of pyrotechnic devices or artificial lighting, other than camera-mounted or handheld equipment.