Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
The Mount Pleasant Town Clerk maintains a permanent record of all Births and Deaths that have occurred at Westchester Medical Center (formerly Grasslands Hospital) or within the Town, as well as Marriage Records for those who obtained their marriage license from the Town of Mount Pleasant, regardless of where the marriage ceremony occurred. The Town Clerk's Office strictly adheres to New York State law when processing, handling, and issuing these records.
How to Obtain a Record
|Online||View the Requests for Vital Records page to order records online. Please be advised, do not use this link to order Genealogical records.|
|In-Person||Certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records are issued in person Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4 pm. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID, any necessary supporting documentation, and $10 cash per copy.|
|By Mail||You may send us the completed application form or written request, a valid, government-issued photo ID, any necessary supporting documentation, and payment. The cost is $10 per copy and we accept money orders only, made payable to the Town of Mount Pleasant. You must include the name of the person(s) on the certificate and the date of the birth, death, or marriage.|
Mail to: Emily Costanza, Town Clerk, One Town Hall Plaza, Valhalla, NY 10595
- Download the Application for Copy of Birth Record (DOH-296A) (PDF).
- Eligibility: Only the parent(s) listed on the birth certificate, the legal guardian of a minor (please see note), or the person to whom the certificate belongs is over 18 years old.
- Please note: If the applicant is the legal guardian of a minor, guardianship/custody papers must be supplied.
- Download the Application for Copy of Death Record (DOH-294A) (PDF).
- Eligibility: A surviving spouse, parent, sibling, or child of the deceased.
- Please note: If the applicant is not the surviving spouse, parent, sibling, or child of the decedent, a lawful right or claim (e.g. a beneficiary) must be documented. Documentation would consist of an official letter from the agency (e.g. insurance company) verifying that to process the claim, they require from the applicant a copy of the requested death record.
- Download the Application for Copy of Marriage Record (DOH-301) (PDF).
- Eligibility: Only the persons to whom the certificate belongs.
View the Genealogical Records page for more information.