Recreation & Parks
The Recreation and Parks Department is responsible for the administration of a wide variety of high-quality recreation programs and facilities that serve the residents of the Town. Programs are offered for individuals of all ages and include opportunities to participate in the arts, sports, aquatics, special events, and various social activities on an active or passive basis. The focal point of Recreation Department activities is the Mount Pleasant Community Center and Town Pool Complex.
The department is also responsible for the maintenance of 14 Town parks, portions of 4 school sites, and many ornamental and turf areas throughout the Town.
- Do infants need pool passes even if they will not swim?
All persons using the pool complex must either have a valid pool pass or attend as a paying guest of a pass holder. Children under 2 are free but must present the Under 2 Pass.
- What discount is offered for a Town of Mt. Pleasant resident senior citizen 60 years and older?
There is a 25% discount for adult programs only for Town of Mt. Pleasant Resident Senior Citizens unless noted differently for specific Senior events, trips, special Town events, etc.
- How can I register for the use of the Mount Pleasant Town Pool?
Photo I.D. pool passes are required for use of the pool. Individuals and families may register and obtain the photo I.D. passes at the Recreation and Parks Department Office in Town Hall on weekdays between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Two Proofs of residence will be required from all persons purchasing pool passes.
Note: Owning property does not necessarily qualify a person as a resident. Tax Bills are not acceptable proofs of residency.
- What is the registration policy and procedure?
Registration Policy & Procedures
- Online Registration is HIGHLY recommended. In order to register online you must create an account prior to registration opening.
- If you do not have an account, call the Recreation Department at 914-742-2310 and ask to create an account.
- Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Account Holder’s name
- Address of household
- Phone number(s)
- Email address
- Each member of your family’s name, date of birth, and grade (if applicable)
- The Recreation Department will then provide an explanation of where to log in, what your username is and how to set your password.
- Log In Link: https://registration.mtpleasantny.com/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/wbsplash.html
- Username is the email address provided
- A password will be set by the Recreation Department that you can change after your first log in
- Walk- In Program Registration
Walk-In registrations will be accepted at the Recreation office beginning on Monday, November 13th starting at 10:00am. They will be entered upon receipt. Registration form REQUIRED.
- Mail- In Program Registration
Mail-in registrations can be sent to the Recreation office. Beginning on Monday, November 13th at 10:00am they will be entered at random despite date of arrival in office. Registration form REQUIRED.
Attention: Recreation Department
1 Town Hall Plaza
Valhalla, NY 10595
- Can I pay with a credit card? Can I get a refund?
We accept cash, credit, and checks
Generally, refunds are only granted if the program is canceled. Any other refund requests will be viewed individually and will be prorated and subject to a 20% processing fee if approved.
The Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to cancel any program and issue appropriate refunds whenever it is considered in the best interest of the Department.