The responsibilities of the engineering department include:
- Processing permits for wetlands and implementation of wetlands applications;
- Preparing plans, specifications, and contract documents for Town projects going out for bid;
- Providing technical support to Town Board, Planning Board, and other Town Departments;
- Maintaining record drawings of Town utility pipes;
- Reviewing proposed land development projects;
- Maintaining records of taxpayers' sanitary sewer house connections in the right-of-way to the sewer main;
- Maintaining complete topographic maps of the entire town in electronic format and hard copy;
- Designing public works projects for in-house construction and bids;
- Maintaining reproducible copies of filed realty subdivision plats;
- Monitoring construction of water mains, sewer mains, road construction, and storm drainage in new realty subdivisions;
- Monitoring performance and maintenance bonds in new subdivisions;
- Advising the Planning Board and Town Board on matters;
- Issuing house numbers for new construction.
- Can I build near wetlands?
The Wetlands Ordinance and application for a permit is available on the Forms and Applications page of this department. Maps showing certain wetlands are available for review in the Engineering Department. Land parcels may contain wetlands that are not shown on these "general" maps. Each site is unique and must be on a site inspection basis.
- Can I buy a town zoning map?
Yes. Town Zoning maps are available in Town Hall for a fee of $10 (large) and $5 (small).
- Can I obtain a topographic map for a certain piece of property?
Yes. Topographic maps for the Town are available in either hard copy or disk.
- Partial Sheet-Print
- Acreage determined by area on sheet - $25/acre
- Complete sheet - Disk - $500/sheet
- Complete Sheet - Print $500/sheet