Skip Navigation

Link to Home Page
Link to Contact Form
Link to Email Subscriber
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to Mount Pleasant, New York
On Our Site
Search Our Site
Site  This Folder
Seal of Mount Pleasant, New York
Town of Mount Pleasant, NY
One Town Hall Plaza Valhalla, NY 10595

ph: 914-742-2300
fx: 914-769-3155
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Bring a Guest to the Pool?
Each pool pass holder is permitted to bring only 3 guests per visit to the pool. The member is required to be with the guest and pay the guest fee (No exceptions).  The Guest fee is $10.00 for guests 3 years of age and older.  A guest 2 years of age and younger is free. If purchased, the 10 Visit Guest Pass is included within the pool pass bar code.
A 10 visit guest pass is available at the Recreation and Parks Office for registered pool members at a price of $80.00

When are summer pool hours?

Weekdays: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.(Guest Fee for M, T, W, Th & F (5/26-6/19) is only $5)
Weekends 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Weekdays: (Mon - Thurs.) 12:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday Hours: 11:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Weekends: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Weekdays: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Weekends: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

What is acceptable "Proof of Residency" for Pool ID?

1. A current driver's license with your present address AND any of the following items that must indicate a current date:

        a. car registration or insurance card,
        b. household bill, i.e. Con Ed., telephone, or cable.

2. When no current driver's license with your present address is produced a picture I.D. and TWO of the above suggested proofs are required.

NOTE: Owning property does not necessarily qualify a person as a resident.

Tax Bills Are Not Acceptable Proofs of Residency.

What jobs opportunities are there for summer employment?

The Mt. Pleasant Recreation and Parks Department has over 100 part time jobs available during the Summer for individuals 16 years of age and over. Positions include Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructors, Cashiers, Parks Groundskeepers, Counselors and Specialists.

Some positions are available on a half day basis. Mt. Pleasant has volunteer positions for 15 year old teens as Counselors in Training at the day camps and Lifeguards in Training at the pool. CIT's can work in either Camp Summer Fun or Mini Mount for half or all day.

All applications are available at the Recreation Office.

Where Can I go Outdoor Ice Skating?

Free ice skating for residents is available at Leith's Pond on Rolling Hill Road at Carroll Park in Thornwood, Opperman's Pond on Lake Drive and Bedford Road (Rte 117) in Pleasantville, and Bear Ridge Lake on Lake Shore Drive in Pleasantville. A sign will be posted when the ice is safe to skate on. For skating conditions, call the Recreation Hotline at 742-2364.

How will I know if programs are cancelled due to inclement weather?

If programs are cancelled due to inclement weather, notification will be made over radio station WFAS (103.9 FM and 106.3FM and 1230 AM). You can also check the WFAS website at

In addition you can call the Program Hotline at 742-2364 and Adult Sports Hotline 742-2367.

What is the Registration Policy and Procedure?


1. All mailed-in and dropped off registrations received by Monday, March 09, 2015 will be processed on a random basis starting Tuesday, March 10, 2015. All registrations received by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10 will be processed on a random basis starting Wednesday, March 11.  Registrations received on March 11th  will be processed on a random basis starting on the 12th. The same process will be followed on 12th and 13th.The drop-off box will be available upon receipt of the brochure.
2. Starting Monday, March 16th, 2015 walk-in registrations will be accepted at the Recreation Office on a space available basis in the order in which they are received. Mail-in registrations will be processed randomly each day and interspersed with the walk-in registrations as they are received.
3. Registration forms are required for most programs. Phone registrations will not be accepted unless noted.

Please fill out your registration form completely to help expedite processing.


How can I register for the use of the Mount Pleasant Town Pool?

Photo I.D. pool passes are required for use of the pool. Individuals and families may register and obtain the photo I.D. passes at the Recreation and Parks Department Office in Town Hall weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings listed below:
Tuesdays: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
May 5,12, 19, 26 and June 2

Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
May 2, 9, 16 and 30


NOTE: Owning property does not necessarily qualify a person as a resident.

Tax Bills Are Not Acceptable Proofs of Residency.

How can I find out if a recreation department event is cancelled because of inclement weather?

The Recreation Department maintains two hotlines for program cancellations. The Adult Sports Hotline number is 742-2367. The  Program Hotline is 742-2364.

In addition, if programs are cancelled due to inclement weather, notification will be made over radio station WFAS (103.9 FM,106.3 FM and 1230 AM). You can also log on to the WFAS website at

Do infants need pool passes even if they will not swim?

All persons using the pool complex must either have a valid pool pass or attend as a paying guest of a pass holder. Children 2 and under are free but must present the 2 and under pass.

Can I pay with a credit card? Can I get a refund?

Unfortunately, the Town does not accept credit cards at this time. All payments must be in cash or by check.

Generally, refunds are only granted if the program is cancelled. Any other refund requests will be viewed individually and will be prorated and subject to a $15 processing fee, if approved.

The Recreation and Parks Dept reserves the right to cancel any program and issue appropriate refunds whenever it is considering the best interest of the Department.

Can I register for programs by phone?

Registration by phone is not permitted. You may register by coming into the Recreation and Parks Department Office or by mail. Mail in registrations must include a completed and signed registration form and a check for the amount due.

What summer camps does the Recreation and Parks Department offer?

The Town offers a variety of camps for multiple age groups. These include:
Camp Mini Mount - ages 3 to entering kindergarten
Camp Summer Fun - 1st through 3rd grade
Camp Great Escape- 7th grade
Great Ventures Camp - 4th through 6th grade
Teenscape - 8th through 10th grade.

Also offered are one week sports camps out lined in the Spring/Summer Brochure.

For more information call the Rec Department at 742-2310.

For purposes of the Rec and Parks Dept, what is a "Family" ?

FAMILY: Parents and their unmarried children under 21 years of age residing in the same household. Unmarried children between 21 and 25 years of age may be included if they are full time students and proof of student status in the Spring of 2010. Grandparents and household helpers are not included in the family, but may be eligible for their own passes.

What is "Village"?

The Village classification includes residents of the Village of Pleasantville, the Village of Sleepy Hollow and the Mount Pleasant portion of the Village of Briarcliff Manor. Village residents may join the Town Pool at a higher rate (because they do not pay recreation taxes to the Town) but are not allowed to participate in other programs unless they live in the Mount Pleasant School District or attend school in the Town Outside.

What is "Town Outside"?

The Town Outside refers to all areas of the Town of Mount Pleasant that are located outside of the actual municipal boundaries of Briarcliff Manor, Pleasantville and Sleepy Hollow. Town Outside residents are eligible to participate in all are appropriate department programs.

TOWN OUTSIDE: Residents of the unincorporated sections of the Town of Mt. Pleasant. A portion of the residence must be in the unincorporated Town.

How can I get a program brochure?

Program brochures are distributed only to residents of the Town Outside. In Hawthorne, Thornwood, and Valhalla they are distributed to all postal patrons. In sections of the Town Outside with Briarcliff Manor, Chappaqua, Pleasantville, and Sleepy Hollow addresses the brochures are mailed to specific addresses.

Sections of the brochures are also available on the Recreation Department page of the web site or can be obtained at the Community Center , Town Hall or by calling the Recreation and Parks Department at 742-2310.

How do I post on the Community Sign Board?

A single sign is located in Valhalla and at Thornwood Water District and a frame with space for two signs is located at the Rose Hill Shopping Center in Thornwood. For additional information on the use of the signs and to reserve space, contact the Rec Office at 742-2310.

Can I rent the Community Center?

When available, the community center is available on a rental basis for individuals and organizations residing in the Town. Sunday is the best day to rent. No daytime rentals are permitted from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Call 742-2310 for more information on policies and fees.

You may download the Application to Rent the Bradhurst or Mount Pleasant Community Center in the file section below.

Do I need a permit to picnic at the Town Parks?

The Town allows group picnics at Broadway Field and Bradhurst Park. Picnic permits are required and may be obtained at the Recreation Office or downloaded from the files section below on this page.

Reserve your space early. All permits are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Picnic areas may be reserved one year in advance. The Town reserves the right to cancel any permit with a full refund if the space is needed for a Town-sponsored program.

How do I know if a sporting event has been cancelled?

Call the Adult Sports Hotline Number 742-2367

What are the 2015 Pool Fees?

Family    $5105/ $635
Individual $205/ $255
Daily $79 + $7.00/ $100 + $7.00
Sr. Citizen* $78/ $89
Age 3& 4 and Under* $52/ $63
Age 2 & under FREE/FREE

Family $715/900
Individual $285/355
Daily $105 + $10/$131 + $10
Sr. Citizen* $106/$132
Age 3&4 * $70/87
Age 2 & under FREE/FREE

Guest 3 and Over $10/$10
Guest 2 and Under FREE/FREE
Guest 3 and Over 2 HOURS PRIOR TO CLOSING  $8.00/$8.00
10 Visit Guest Pass $80/$80

Who do I Call About Pool Program Cancellations?



Virtual Towns & Schools Website